- Finance & Accounting (949) 757-1010
- IT & Engineering (949) 757-1010
- Finance & Accounting (310) 808-0730
- IT & Engineering (310) 808-0740
Job Search - Controller
- Job Title:
- Location: Santa Fe Springs
- State: California
- Job Number: 107139
- Job Class: Full Time
- Category: Accounting
Controller Job Description:
A leading innovator & manufacturer is seeking an experienced Controller with an entrepreneurial spirit. This company is a major supplier and partner to many top companies around the world and is a first choice for manufacturing and distribution services throughout the US and internationally. They have earned top-quality accreditations as well as multiple prestigious customer awards. They have been in business for over 75 years and are seeking an individual who wants to grow with the Executive Leadership team. Reporting to the Vice President and CFO, the Controller is responsible for managing the financial performance including analysis of forecasts and actual performance, business drivers, and operational metrics. Works closely with all division Operations Management teams, Corporate Management and the Corporate Executive Leadership Team to develop and grow the business profitably.
Supervisory Responsibility: Manager (w/subordinates): Responsible for managing activities and functions within the departments to meet company goals and objectives. Ensures specific supervisor responsibilities and tasks are completed.
Controller Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures all applicable internal and external accounting policies and regulations are properly established, formally documented, and complied with domestically and internationally.
- Oversees and directs the clerical staff to ensure that all payables, and receivables are processed and managed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Frequently audits and reviews applicable data for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepares and maintains journal entries and general ledger accounts.
- Manages and reviews the timely completion of all account reconciliations in accordance with the monthly close process.
- Manages compliance reporting for all applicable taxes including sales, property, payroll, state and income taxes.
- Assists with the planning and completion of annual physical inventory counts.
- Coordinates the preparation of annual financial statements with complete disclosures.
- Assists in the preparation and completion of intercompany reporting including monthly financial reporting, financial statement forecasting, and annual financial reporting.
- Identifies and executes process improvement initiatives for accounting and payroll processes.
- Multinational experience.
- Must have strong ERP knowledge
- Business acumen and strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting and compliance skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, MBA preferred
- CPA strongly preferred
- 10+ years of progressive experience in accounting & finance
- Manufacturing experience is required.
If you are passionate about what you do and thrive in a fast paced environment we are looking for you! Please apply through Linked In and ensure you attach your resume to your application.