Job Search - Quality Manager
- Job Title:
- Location: Santa Ana
- State: California
- Job Number: 108641
- Job Class: Full Time
- Category: Manufacturing
Full time direct hire Quality Manager ( Manufacturing Industry) job opening at Santa Ana, CA.
• Ensures company-wide adherence to all established quality standards including ongoing efforts to improve field reliability and reduce cost of quality through leadership of proactive quality management techniques.
• Reduces total Cost of Quality with particular emphasis on Warranty cost reduction
• Manages the Supplier Performance Scorecard system
• Maintains the Quality Management System (QMS) and ISO 9001 registration
• Manages the discrepant material identification, control, and corrective action system
• Oversees the qualification of material supply from source partners in whatever part of the globe necessary to meet our strategic and cost objectives
• Develops key relationships with current and future source partners with complete SWOT analysis of their capabilities and cost structures relative to our requirements.
• Periodically hosts customers during factory acceptance tests and oversees supply of compliance certificates.
• Facilitates interdepartmental communications to remove obstacles, improve responsiveness, and prompt decision making• 5+ years relevant experience including leadership/supervision in a discrete manufacturing environment
• Strong understanding of supply-chain quality management including supply qualification, receiving inspection, and non-conforming materials systems.
• Experience managing an ISO 9001 Quality Management System
• Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) in casting and machining manufacturing environments.
• Solid understanding of Lean waste elimination and Six Sigma variance reduction principles and fundamentals
• Demonstrated history of implementing process improvement
• Strong multi-task skills. Initiative, self-motivated, and results oriented
BS Degree is required