- Finance & Accounting (949) 757-1010
- IT & Engineering (949) 757-1010
- Finance & Accounting (310) 808-0730
- IT & Engineering (310) 808-0740
Job Search - Sr. Applications Engineer
- Job Title:
- Location: Orange
- State: California
- Job Number: 107043
- Job Class: Full Time
- Category: Engineering
Position: Senior Application Engineer
Location: Orange, CA
Type of Role: Direct-Hire
The Senior Application Engineer will be responsible for taking customer information and turning it into a creative temperature sensing solution. This will include the recommendation of discrete devices to the creation of fully packaged solutions utilizing temperature sensing components, thermally conductive encapsulation materials and custom sensor housings. This person should be detail oriented, creative, innovative and straight forward in their approaches, be hands-on and partnership-orientated. This position will be in Orange, CA.
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or other related discipline.
Essential Job Functions or Core Job Responsibilities:
- Application Engineering taking Voice of the Customer information, developing a creative temperature sensing solution and providing a proposal to the customer. This entails, creating 2D CAD drawings of the sensor design using temperature sensing components, custom plastic and metal housings, thermally conductive encapsulation materials and various wire, cable and connection systems. In addition, this will include the creation of bill of materials and process information for the internal cost analysis team for quotation purposes.
Direct interface with the customer and global Sales team including sales representatives, field application engineers and distributors.
Support for manufacturing including new product launches, new processes and quality support.
Experience/Skills (including Language Skills)/Competency Requirements:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience related to the temperature sensing industry, preferably with NTC and RTD devices, but not required.
- Mechanical design using 2D CAD software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong communication and organizational skills with the ability to work with minimal direction, across cultures/time zones with a cross functional team.
- Drive to meet ALL commitments.
- Travel in North America 25%
- Travel in Europe and Asia 10%