Job Search - MS SQL database Engineer
- Job Title:
- Location: Los Angeles
- State: California
- Job Number: 108265
- Job Class: Contract/Temp
- Category: Information Technology
Long Term Contract with a possibility to go full time.• Work with developers and business users to define requirements, perform analysis of specifications and design, and implement robust, maintainable solutions and rules that meet the business requirements.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Interview mode: Phone followed by in-person.
The Database Software Engineer will work closely with the Database Software Engineer team members to design, develop and enhance Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008 database solutions.
• Lead and participate in reviews and quality assurance processes to ensure that the data architectures and standards are being adhered to. Enforce policies and procedures to team members.
• Create and maintain conceptual, logical, and physical database models.
• Create SSIS packages to import/export data, and load and process data.
• Develop and enhance stored procedures. Write ad-hoc SQL queries to support report requests.
• Design and develop meaningful business reports (BI), either web based or thick client.
• Prepare data for job runs. Support jobs in process. Troubleshoot, analyze and repair job issues.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- In depth SQL knowledge is required, including advanced tuning skills.
- Expertise in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and 2012. OLTP and OLAP.
- Developing custom ad hoc reports using SQL 2012, SQL Reporting Services, SSIS, or Crystal reports.
- Experience with clustering and log shipping.
- Experience mapping multiple data sources from various data formats and normalizing the data into SQL 2008 & 2012 repositories.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to share ideas and work well in small teams.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science and engineering or the equivalent is preferred and 10 years database development experience is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and SSIS is required.
- Knowledge of SSRS, XML and C# technologies is required.