- Finance & Accounting (949) 757-1010
- IT & Engineering (949) 757-1010
- Finance & Accounting (310) 808-0730
- IT & Engineering (310) 808-0740
Job Search - Project Manager (Engineering & Software)
- Job Title:
- Location: Lake Forest
- State: California
- Job Number: 106052
- Job Class: Full Time
- Category: Information Technology
Our client, located in Lake Forest, is searching for a direct hire, full-time Project Manager to manage engineering activities. The Project Manager II will lead a cross-functional team responsible for managing Engineering activities required to fulfill commitments for customer's program. The role requires excellent communication skills, ability to see the “big picture,” and ability to direct efforts appropriately on prioritized tasks.
- Participate in the development and analysis of customer requirements.
- Identify all customer deliverables which may include production items (mechanical, electronic and/or electromechanical assemblies), software, media, customer racks, documentation and systems.
- Identify internal deliverables which may include plans, schedules and other documents, prototypes, test equipment, software, test racks and more.
- Identify and secure resources required for all project tasks.
- Lead the team to establish a comprehensive, end-to-end project plan and schedule to which the team has “buy-in”.
- Maintain and manage to the project plan and schedule.
- Lead the team to coordinate design, development, documentation, integration, test and certification activities across functional groups to meet committed deliverables to customer schedule, cost and technical requirements.
- Coordinate the procurement and selection of parts, materials and components with suppliers.
- Manage third party development.
- Coordinate pre-production and design transfer to manufacturing.
- Coordinate initial customer deliveries.
- Apply standard techniques, procedures, processes and criteria to engineering assignments.
- Conduct well planned, effective meetings which drive actions.
- Continual process improvement.
- B.S. degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field of study.
- Minimum 15 years of software and/or hardware engineering development experience (LINUX & EMBEDDED C / C++).
-This would include 5 years of full-time software development)
- At least 10 years of experience in project management of software, electronics, mechanics, and/or circuit design.
- Must have excellent communication skills MS Office 2003 & MS Project.
About Advantex Professional Services:
Advantex is an award-winning recruiting firm specializing in finance and accounting, information technology, and engineering throughout Southern California. Our formula blends advanced recruiting resources and technology with a personal touch to find you the right opportunity.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org