- Finance & Accounting (949) 757-1010
- IT & Engineering (949) 757-1010
- Finance & Accounting (310) 808-0730
- IT & Engineering (310) 808-0740
Job Search - Staff Accountant
- Job Title:
- Location: Irvine
- State: California
- Job Number: 107044
- Job Class: Full Time
- Category: Accounting
We are assisting a client in Irvine identify a Staff Accountant to join their growing company in their fast paced Accounting department. If you are interested in a challenging position, please read on!
- Monitor customer account detail for non-payment, delayed payments and other irregularities
- Work towards resolution of account discrepancies by investigating and reviewing supporting documentation
- Initiate collection calls via email or phone and remind delinquent accounts of open balances; notify customers of insufficient payments and send monthly statements with the goal of optimizing the company’s cash receipts and minimizing bad debt losses
- Assist with the preparation and mailing of invoices
- Update customer contact information for collection efforts, as needed
- Reconcile accounts receivable to the general ledger
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure and assist in monthly account reconciliations including, but not limited to, fixed assets, prepaids, inventory and accruals.
- Assists to ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Assist with schedules for SEC quarterly review and annual audits
- Strong communicator.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Computer experience w/Sage 100 and Concur a plus
- Strong Excel skills
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting preferred
About Advantex Professional Services:
Advantex is an award-winning recruiting firm specializing in finance and accounting, information technology, and engineering throughout Southern California. Our formula blends advanced recruiting resources and technology with a personal touch to find you the right opportunity.