We are assisting an internationally growing client in Irvine with identifying a Senior Accountant to join their fast-paced team.
- Compiles complex financial information from various electronic and hard copy sources.
- Independently performs analysis and prepares and/or reviews journal entries on a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Performs weekly and monthly reconciliations to ensure the accuracy of all financial information.
- Assists in the preparation and support of consolidated financial reporting.
- Post all journal entries, and ensure accuracy of data for filing and audit purposes.
- Ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Provides explanations for any variance occurring through analyzing and researching reasons and causes for fluctuations.
- Prepares and distributes financial reports to Corporate Executives, Management, and Non-Management.
- Identifies issues and provides recommendations for resolution to higher level accounting staff or management.
- Prepare and distribute complex financial reports for Executives and Sr. Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field or equivalent relevant work related experience required.
- Two years of Accounting, Reporting, and Analysis/related work experience or equivalent combination of related training and experience required. Three years preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Proficient personal computer skills including Microsoft Office. Microsoft Access and SAP experience a plus.
About Advantex Professional Services:
Advantex is an award-winning recruiting firm specializing in finance and accounting, information technology, and engineering throughout Southern California. Our formula blends advanced recruiting resources and technology with a personal touch to find you the right opportunity.