- Finance & Accounting (949) 757-1010
- IT & Engineering (949) 757-1010
- Finance & Accounting (310) 808-0730
- IT & Engineering (310) 808-0740
Job Search - DevOps Engineer
- Job Title:
- Location: Irvine
- State: California
- Job Number: 107585
- Job Class: Full Time
- Category: Information Technology
Title: DevOps Engineer
Location: Irvine, CA
Position: Direct-Hire (Not a Contract)
As development operations (DevOps) engineer for our client’s Integrated Offerings cloud platform and solutions, this position leads in the upfront staging of development to implementation and sustaining production operations for new to market, highly scalable multi-tenant cloud platform technology products and features.
The DevOps Engineer will have a strong technical background including a combination of both development engineering and IT skillsets and is responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing environment issues, and developing the monitoring solutions and tools which will automate daily operational activities.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, able to work independently and juggle multiple tasks. The individual must be able to identify problems before they happen, dig deep for root causes and implement solutions that prevent future occurrences. This role will require that the individual hit the ground running and will usually require coordination between and across multiple development and IT support teams.
Candidate must be proficient in working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment requiring strong communication and teamwork skills as well as the ability to adapt to shifting priorities and differing business unit and sometimes geo-specific processes and customer types.
This position has global responsibility for assigned projects, and reports to the Director of Engineering.
- Delivers quality development operations planning, analysis, implementation to ensure timely release of functional, high quality Integrated Offerings products & services.
- Defines system and service configurations, installation and support strategies of system components (at both site and enterprise levels) for implementation and maintenance support.
- Provides expert system troubleshooting, analysis and problem solving across platform and applications and will be expected to participate in on-call escalations to troubleshoot customer facing issues.
- Develops and provides technical documentation and training materials for Level I-2 support teams (production operations).
- Constructs, maintains and tests staging systems to validate product/feature functionality as well as load testing of system using various test harnesses.
- Provides staging validation of customer deployments to validate specific customer functionality and configurations.
- Delivers on-site deployment support as needed for new customer installations.
- Develops automation and processes to enable teams to deploy, manage, configure, scale and monitor their applications in data centers and in cloud.
- Works closely with developers to ensure a successful release to QA and production environment.
- Pro-actively looks for ways to enhance the functionality, reliability, operation of the platform.
- Builds and manages state-of-the-art monitoring and log analysis tools providing teams with insights into the health and performance of our servers.
- Works with open source configuration management tools extensively (Puppet/Chef/Ansible)
- Identifies and addresses Security requirements.
- Adheres to quality operations practices and drives development of tools for improving Integrated Offerings operations team efficiencies.
Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related field, with 7 year’s related experience as a DevOps or systems administrator/engineer in 24X7 uptime environment, or a minimum of 15 years relevant experience with a high school diploma. Minimum of 7+ year’s system administration experience. Expert knowledge of system administration and security protocols for client/server environment deployed using Windows and working knowledge using Linux.
Required Job Skills
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle, test driven development, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Solid understanding and experience working with high availability, high performance, multi-data center systems and hybrid cloud environments
- Strong ability to troubleshoot complex issues ranging from system resources to application stack traces
- Experience with containerization and orchestration of web services.
- Experience with Git version control systems
- Experience in development with scripting languages
- Experience supporting the following Datastores/Databases: MS-SQL server, MySQL, MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra
- Knowledge of graph databases such as ArangoDB or Neo4J is a plus
- Working knowledge of related technologies including encryption, IPsec, VLANs, VPNs, routing, firewalls, proxy services, LAN/WAN connectivity
- Experience with cloud vendors such as AWS and their components
- Knowledge and experience with Hadoop is a plus
- Strong hardware and software diagnostic skills
- Project and system planning experience is essential